'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

Will the heat destroy my Chanel bag?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. so i have two Chanel classic flap bags in caviar leather (beige and black colour). My SA told me to not have them out in the heat. I live in Norway and in the summer here the temperature is around 20-30 degrees, and I do not often have the window open because my cat always tries to jump outside. My bags are stored in the original packing. Also in the dust bag and box, will this harm my bags?:-/

2. Your bags will be fine. Summer is quite short in the Nordic countires after all.

3. I carry mine in TX heat, it's 100+ F in the summer!

Kmazz39, Nida Amjad, MahaM and 2 others like this.
  4. My LV CA advised to never leave a bag in the box as it may develop mildew.

5. U should not keep them in the dustbag and in the box over a prolonged period of time. I kept mine in the box for 6 months and it there was mould growing on the leather. Take them out and allow them to breathe.

6. I think it depends on where you live (climate, humidity levels) and your house or apartment's temperature/environment.

There are several threads that discuss this and there are different ways of storage that have worked for people. I had an SA from NJ tell me she keeps most of her bags in the boxes and one from Miami tell me she never stores in boxes.

7. I live in Norway, a very cold country. I always store my bags in dustbag and then in the box. The beige one i bought in 2017 is still fine, but should i worry?

8. What? Im so sorry to hear this, where do you live and what did you do after that? I always keep mine in the dust bag and then in the boxes, I live in Norway. The warmest it can get here is like 35 degrees, but it never happens, we always stay on 28-30 degrees. And in winter we have -15 up to -20

Answerbar1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice