Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

May 14, 2020
Canada
A question about colours.....
I thought I had 2 brown Willis and 2 brown Legacy Zip but upon further inspection, they don't seem to be the same colour brown. Allow me to explain please. Photo 3 shows the 2 Legacy Zip. The one on the right seems to be a dark brown whereas the one on the left seems to have a little burgundy colour in it. "Burgundy" Legacy Zip has creed L6B 9966 and true dark brown one has creed C9D 9966. The 2 Willis are upside down, pardon. The one on the left is the true dark brown, (G4B 9927) and the one on the right (K6C 9927) is the one having slight burgundy colour. The second photo are the true dark brown and the fourth photo are the slight "burgundy".
Thank you in advance for any comments, knowledge, that you are able to share!
View attachment 4915609 View attachment 4915611 View attachment 4915612 View attachment 4915613
According to what Ive read from the authenticators, there can be many variations of one colour. I used to have a mahogany pocket purse & I have a mahogany Regina. Both had slightly different tones to them (one was warmer, the other was cooler). Since your bags are a few years apart, I think it could be differences in the batches of dye the factories used. All 4 of your bags look mahogany to me despite the subtle colour difference. Im no expert by any means at all, but just my 2 cents :smile:

Narnanz

"See here for no willpower"
Jun 24, 2018
New Zealand
According to what Ive read from the authenticators, there can be many variations of one colour. I used to have a mahogany pocket purse & I have a mahogany Regina. Both had slightly different tones to them (one was warmer, the other was cooler). Since your bags are a few years apart, I think it could be differences in the batches of dye the factories used. All 4 of your bags look mahogany to me despite the subtle colour difference. Im no expert by any means at all, but just my 2 cents :smile:
Agree

Jacynthe

Dec 25, 2018
Montreal, Canada
I appreciate the input, thank you!

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I thought I had 2 brown Willis and 2 brown Legacy Zip but upon further inspection, they don't seem to be the same colour brown. Allow me to explain please. Photo 3 shows the 2 Legacy Zip. The one on the right seems to be a dark brown whereas the one on the left seems to have a little burgundy colour in it. "Burgundy" Legacy Zip has creed L6B 9966 and true dark brown one has creed C9D 9966. The 2 Willis are upside down, pardon. The one on the left is the true dark brown, (G4B 9927) and the one on the right (K6C 9927) is the one having slight burgundy colour. The second photo are the true dark brown and the fourth photo are the slight "burgundy".
View attachment 4915609 View attachment 4915611 View attachment 4915612 View attachment 4915613
I agree with the other posters.

houseof999

Apr 17, 2016
www.etsy.com
The slightly Burgundy one is milk chocolate and the other one is dark chocolate. :yes::drool:

LunaSilver

Jan 28, 2018
Canada
Hi, Can you please check the authenticity and name of this one, please? Not sure if it's a Dinky tote.

Thanks!

View attachment 4916350

View attachment 4916351

View attachment 4916352

View attachment 4916353
Beautiful tote in excellent condition, what a nice find! For authentication, you can post at AT thread, information needed is on page 1 there. But I absolutely love this bag.

angelheenim

Oct 29, 2019
Thanks. I'll transfer it there.

Beautiful tote in excellent condition, what a nice find! For authentication, you can post at AT thread, information needed is on page 1 there. But I absolutely love this bag.

Reactions: LadaZuri

valv54

Feb 26, 2017