Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Lucyblue13

Nov 25, 2019
@Lucyblue13 et all, bottle green Bella is here!!! Oh and in such beautiful shape!!! I have 5 other bags on my work table (formerly the dining room table :lol:) and am making 2 huge pots of soup, so won't be able to start on her today. :nuts:

View attachment 4915052 View attachment 4915055

What an elegant bag she is, and a great size, too. Here she is modelling with my yet to be completed mahogany Watson.

View attachment 4915056
I'm glad I started that bag yesterday, I am so motivated to clean up the Thanksgiving mess so I can have my rehab table back!

LunaSilver

Jan 28, 2018
Canada
question to Murphy owners, would it make a good bag for the following situations:

Normally we do Thanksgiving out and I take a crossbody bag that holds my phone, tissues, handsanitizer and very small wallet. I wear the bag while seated so it needs to hold the items listed and not be bulky or heavy so it can either rest on my lap under my napkin or hang off my side.

My aunt hosts Christmas dinner, has a dog that won’t leave seated bags alone and nowhere safe to put your bag as the dog can destroy whatever it likes in “his home”. So my bags stay on me.

I have a Station and feel it would be too big, my Winnie was too small. Would a Murphy work?
I used to have a Murphy, currently using a Station bag. Go by memory I think Murphy may still be too big, especially it's North South height, won't be easy to hang on your side while sitting. Scooter or Pocket Purse should be better fit and will hold all the items mentioned.

IMG_20201126_165254.gif

IMG_20201126_165325.gif

IMG_20201126_165702.gif

May 14, 2020
Canada
Jul 9, 2018
question to Murphy owners, would it make a good bag for the following situations:

Normally we do Thanksgiving out and I take a crossbody bag that holds my phone, tissues, handsanitizer and very small wallet. I wear the bag while seated so it needs to hold the items listed and not be bulky or heavy so it can either rest on my lap under my napkin or hang off my side.

My aunt hosts Christmas dinner, has a dog that won’t leave seated bags alone and nowhere safe to put your bag as the dog can destroy whatever it likes in “his home”. So my bags stay on me.

I have a Station and feel it would be too big, my Winnie was too small. Would a Murphy work?
I agree with the others, though the Murphy will hold your items I think it would be too bulky to sit on your lap or under your napkin. It's about 2/3 the size of a Willis. It's bigger than it appears in photos. I agree that a Pocket Purse would be a better choice. I don't have a Scooter (yet...:rolleyes:) so I can't offer an opinion of that bag.

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
I agree with the others, though the Murphy will hold your items I think it would be too bulky to sit on your lap or under your napkin. It's about 2/3 the size of a Willis. It's bigger than it appears in photos. I agree that a Pocket Purse would be a better choice. I don't have a Scooter (yet...:rolleyes:) so I can't offer an opinion of that bag.
Thanks. I once thought I bought a Burgundy Pocket Purse, but it turned out to be a Convertible Clutch of indeterminate color that I didn’t like. I may start looking again.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Thanks. I once thought I bought a Burgundy Pocket Purse, but it turned out to be a Convertible Clutch of indeterminate color that I didn’t like. I may start looking again.
The convertible clutch is weirdly shaped. The size is more usable than the pocket purse but I like the way the pocket purse looks and feels. The one I had was made of the softest leather. It was just too small for me at the time. I wonder if I should try again.

Narnanz

"See here for no willpower"
Jun 24, 2018
New Zealand
The convertible clutch is weirdly shaped. The size is more usable than the pocket purse but I like the way the pocket purse looks and feels. The one I had was made of the softest leather. It was just too small for me at the time. I wonder if I should try again.
My one convertible clutch is a precreed and its as hard as....and its more rust than red.

May 14, 2020
Canada
The CC would be a great bag if it was literally just a bigger pocket purse. Back pocket & no weird curve underneath. I still have mine but I never use it.

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
I can believe I'm saying this: I found an original Rambler on Craigslist yesterday, either Putty or Saddle with Tabac/BT trim, it is being shipped! I may have it by Wednesday. Stay tuned! View attachment 4913008
Out for delivery. The three sweetest words in New-To-Me Land. Thank God it is a holiday, at least for me, and I am not expected to be productive in any way shape or form while I wait.

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
Out for delivery. The three sweetest words in New-To-Me Land. Thank God it is a holiday, at least for me, and I am not expected to be productive in any way shape or form while I wait.
I just stalked the postal employee. The truck was parked by my unit! Lol, I have it! :panic: I am posting pics over on AT! It is just as it looked in the seller pics!

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
I can believe I'm saying this: I found an original Rambler on Craigslist yesterday, either Putty or Saddle with Tabac/BT trim, it is being shipped! I may have it by Wednesday. Stay tuned! View attachment 4913008
I just stalked the postal employee. The truck was parked by my unit! Lol, I have it! :panic: I am posting pics over on AT! It is just as it looked in the seller pics!
So it does reek of mildew. Other that that, exactly what I expected. A little weirdness in the corner gusseted pocket and super dry/worn. Now that I see under the flap, I do not think it is a spectator style, like I possibly thought it might be. Based on what I see under the flap, I think it is an extremely dry BT. Will bump this old gal to the front of the line for dunking tomorrow!
20201127_113244.gif 20201127_113309.gif 20201127_113348.gif

Last edited:

Jacynthe

Dec 25, 2018
Montreal, Canada
A question about colours.....
I thought I had 2 brown Willis and 2 brown Legacy Zip but upon further inspection, they don't seem to be the same colour brown. Allow me to explain please. Photo 3 shows the 2 Legacy Zip. The one on the right seems to be a dark brown whereas the one on the left seems to have a little burgundy colour in it. "Burgundy" Legacy Zip has creed L6B 9966 and true dark brown one has creed C9D 9966. The 2 Willis are upside down, pardon. The one on the left is the true dark brown, (G4B 9927) and the one on the right (K6C 9927) is the one having slight burgundy colour. The second photo are the true dark brown and the fourth photo are the slight "burgundy".
Thank you in advance for any comments, knowledge, that you are able to share!
20201127_094916 (1).gif 20201127_095248 (1).gif 20201127_095146 (1).gif 20201127_095435 (1).gif

Last edited: