Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
My only job for four years now has been dessert. We always join in with other families so you just make a double or triple batch of whatever you’re doing. I can’t imagine being matriarch in the states and being responsible for creating the whole feast singlehandedly. Without you, thanksgiving just doesn’t happen. SO MUCH PRESSURE :shocked:
We usually go out, but feared they would close restaurants again so we decided to eat at home. We now remember why we started going out 15 years agao.

Nataluccia3

Aug 9, 2020
We usually go out, but feared they would close restaurants again so we decided to eat at home. We now remember why we started going out 15 years agao.
Yep. Makes sense. I would too!!

I also usually have a helper :lol: oh man. Who am I kidding. Even when I did Christmas for the family one year, I only did the meat. Our helper did the sides and shopping and washing up. America is so hard! Please take me back to Asiaaaaaaa

ETA our helper in HK messaged us today and reminded us to make the rice for the turkey. She always requested it in the past :crybaby:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I am more a baker than a cook. I did the pie ahead so it was out of the way. My new oven is a pain.
I like baking more than cooking. Cooking is more of a necessity. My oven is super old and not very good.
My only job for four years now has been dessert. We always join in with other families so you just make a double or triple batch of whatever you’re doing. I can’t imagine being matriarch in the states and being responsible for creating the whole feast singlehandedly. Without you, thanksgiving just doesn’t happen. SO MUCH PRESSURE :shocked:
For the last few years, it's just been DH and me. He still likes having a feast though. Years ago, we used to take turns having it at different houses, and when it wasn't at your house, you only had to bring one dish. We stopped doing it after one year sitting in traffic for 6 hours.

Nataluccia3

Aug 9, 2020
I like baking more than cooking. Cooking is more of a necessity. My oven is super old and not very good.

For the last few years, it's just been DH and me. He still likes having a feast though. Years ago, we used to take turns having it at different houses, and when it wasn't at your house, you only had to bring one dish. We stopped doing it after one year sitting in traffic for 6 hours.
Yeah I would rather be cooking than spend 6hrs in traffic. That sounds like a miserable way to spend a holiday. Hopefully you didn’t have little ones in the car at the time!! Anything above 20min is torture for us.

May 14, 2020
Canada
I got this strap for another bag, love the strap but not loving how it looks in that bag, so my purple Station asked to try it on. She has her original but liked options. I LOVE it on her!
View attachment 4914608
I checked out the seller when you posted the link in the rehab thread. She has a green/red strap with bees on it (the one that looks like a Gucci strap) that I think would be a good match for my green & red carnival bags. Would you say the hardware matches well?

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
I checked out the seller when you posted the link in the rehab thread. She has a green/red strap with bees on it (the one that looks like a Gucci strap) that I think would be a good match for my green & red carnival bags. Would you say the hardware matches well?
Mine has the bright gold hardware to match the gold on the Hermes evelyne I bought it for, it is more gold than the hardware on my Station, which seems to be plated and losing its plate IMO. Looking and I don’t see any of my really shiny brass Coaches nearby to compare it to. I think the seller had some antique gold hardware, which for this Station might be a better match.

What I like about this strap is the 1.5” width and the smoothness. I got a gorgeous strap I like better with the Hermes, but its metallic threads snag on my clothing. This blue strap is sort of like seatbelt material only thinner and more fluid feeling.

The hardware does feel a little “cheap”, but I can’t really complain considering the price.

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Chicago
strangly I love watching her arthritic hands create those beautiful deserts

I was sad to see that Luis Troyano, one of my favorite contestants, passed away earlier this month from cancer. He made some wonderful Showstoppers and Spanish-influenced bakes. I think he was in the same season as Nancy and Richard according to the picture in the article, 2014 maybe, Series 5 in the original BBC numbering system?

RIP, Luis

Last edited:

houseof999

Apr 17, 2016
www.etsy.com
Yep. Makes sense. I would too!!

I also usually have a helper :lol: oh man. Who am I kidding. Even when I did Christmas for the family one year, I only did the meat. Our helper did the sides and shopping and washing up. America is so hard! Please take me back to Asiaaaaaaa

ETA our helper in HK messaged us today and reminded us to make the rice for the turkey. She always requested it in the past :crybaby:
Lol I know all about the helpers growing up in Asia. People joke about missing the helpers more than missing their relatives. :lol: There's some truth to that though.

Jul 9, 2018
I'm agree with you totally! It's not square, it's not round and it's not half moon either. It's a hybrid mess. My Court with Willis closure and top handle hybrid on the other hand is super adorable! :loveeyes:
I think I have this hybrid bag too. I love it! I wish it had been popular, I would love to have it in more colors.

ETA: sorry, I posted before I caught up with the thread....

Last edited:

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
question to Murphy owners, would it make a good bag for the following situations:

Normally we do Thanksgiving out and I take a crossbody bag that holds my phone, tissues, handsanitizer and very small wallet. I wear the bag while seated so it needs to hold the items listed and not be bulky or heavy so it can either rest on my lap under my napkin or hang off my side.

My aunt hosts Christmas dinner, has a dog that won’t leave seated bags alone and nowhere safe to put your bag as the dog can destroy whatever it likes in “his home”. So my bags stay on me.

I have a Station and feel it would be too big, my Winnie was too small. Would a Murphy work?

LadaZuri

Jun 8, 2020
@Lucyblue13 et all, bottle green Bella is here!!! Oh and in such beautiful shape!!! I have 5 other bags on my work table (formerly the dining room table :lol:) and am making 2 huge pots of soup, so won't be able to start on her today. :nuts:

IMG_6487.JPG IMG_6489.gif

What an elegant bag she is, and a great size, too. Here she is modelling with my yet to be completed mahogany Watson.

IMG_6495.JPG

Lucyblue13

Nov 25, 2019
@Lucyblue13 et all, bottle green Bella is here!!! Oh and in such beautiful shape!!! I have 5 other bags on my work table (formerly the dining room table :lol:) and am making 2 huge pots of soup, so won't be able to start on her today. :nuts:

View attachment 4915052 View attachment 4915055

What an elegant bag she is, and a great size, too. Here she is modelling with my yet to be completed mahogany Watson.

View attachment 4915056
Oh that's so pretty! She is in great shape! I love Watson, too.