Vanity pm noir/Speedy bb noir question

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
For those who purchased either of these bags, is the stamping really light on your bag? I just received my vanity, and while it's gorgeous, the stamping is VERY light (i.e., if the light doesn't catch it, you can barely see the stamping). I'm just wondering if this is normal, and if they are all the same. I worry with the lambskin, that, because the leather is so soft, sooner rather than later, you may not be able to see the stamping at all. At that point, it's not really a $3000 bag to me, it's just a small black bag with a pretty strap. If anyone who has this bag can comment on whether their stamping is very evident and deep, or if it's also pretty light, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
I have the Vanity PM Noir. I don’t think the stamping is meant to be deep. Seems the same as my Very Messenger bag.

View attachment 4850101
(Not my photo)
Ok, so yours is light as well, and hard to see if the light doesn't really catch it? Maybe I'm just used to the deep impressions from the empreinte bags and I think they used a different process for these bags?

keokicat

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Biggest Little City
Ok, so yours is light as well, and hard to see if the light doesn't really catch it? Maybe I'm just used to the deep impressions from the empreinte bags and I think they used a different process for these bags?
Definitely NOT like the deep embossing on empreinte leather. The monogram pattern is even difficult to see on the beige leather of my Very Messenger unless the light hits it at just the right angle.

Mar 15, 2020
I have the Speedy BB in Noir, and yeah it's not a deep embossing - only if you look close and if the light hits it. But I really like it, the embossing is done well and it's a more subtle bag with a beautiful strap. It definitely adds variety to my Monogram bag collection.

speedy bb.gif

Reactions: sheepie123