Purchase history—can it be transferred to a different name?

NYCchihuahua

May 10, 2018
This seems like an odd question, but my partner has bought most my bags for me. He thinks it’s silly that they put it in his “profile” (or whatever they call it) and was wondering if we both go in person and he agrees to transfer it if they’d list all my bags under my name? I had an issue recently when I realized the boutique won’t ship to me unless I come in person because all my purchase history was with his name and card. I would’ve assumed no, but then I realized if a recently married woman changed her name they would likely transfer the history so maybe they would? Any insight on this?

handbagcrunch

Oct 16, 2018
I just ordered from Chanel and My SA asked if I wanted to update my last name. (My account name has my husband's last name, although I haven't legally changed my name. My CC's list my legal name, so there's always a mix up if she charges using my husbands last name.)

Seems like they should be able to update your husbands first name to your name... unless they have restrictions on first name updates.

Reactions: NYCchihuahua

Freetofly

Jul 16, 2016
I doubt it tbh. My husband went in store to buy a bag for me once whilst I was on the phone to him. The SA said she wasn't allowed to put it under my purchase history even though he made it clear I was the one buying it, and I was on the phone at the same time. I asked and there was just no way she would put it under my name.

NYCchihuahua

May 10, 2018
I doubt it tbh. My husband went in store to buy a bag for me once whilst I was on the phone to him. The SA said she wasn't allowed to put it under my purchase history even though he made it clear I was the one buying it, and I was on the phone at the same time. I asked and there was just no way she would put it under my name.
Darn. Well, this is closest to my situation. Thank you!

NYCchihuahua

May 10, 2018
This was in London and 2 years ago. Worth a call up and ask, might be different in different places and times. Worst you'll get is a no. Good luck!
Thank you! Fingers crossed. I will inquire next time I go to buy something for sure.

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
Jan 20, 2018
I know Cartier does combine profiles.. Sorry not answering your question though..