Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

CarryOn2020

Mar 28, 2020
I think it’s strange that people hate MM. what exactly has she done to make you people hate her so much? It doesn’t make sense. Meg is self made and from a young age, she’s been speaking out about social issues and was heavily involved with the UN.

if you had the opportunity to marry a member of the royal family I’m sure you would so why all the hate? Besides, I don’t know them personally but it looks like they are very much in love. Harry is a handsome man, why is it impossible to believe she genuinely loves him?

On the other hand, Kate is praised even though you could argue her getting with William (who has cheated on her multiple times) was out of raising her social status too.

Honestly if MM looked like Kate, I’m sure the GP would love her....
Perhaps before accusing us of such a strong word as hate, you should take the time to read the last 100 pages or so. It’s all well documented. She’s a fraud, knows it and says it (see the link below).

FYI: it is really bad form and against TPF rules to attack other posters.

naomiDelour

Nov 27, 2020
Perhaps before accusing us of such a strong word as hate, you should take the time to read the last 100 pages or so. It’s all well documented. She’s a fraud, knows it and says it (see the link below).

FYI: it is really bad form and against TPF rules to attack other posters.
But ladies, fraud or not, if bloody Prince Harry proposed to you, are you telling me that you would say no? Be honest with yourselves. There is nothing wrong with a woman elevating her financial and social status. It has been this way from the dawn of time.

DeMonica

Sep 9, 2018
I am truly sorry for MM and JCMH, and for anyone who suffers a miscarriage. I can’t imagine the devastation, nor do I want to try. I hope she isn’t so calculating as to milk this for all she can, but seeing the bit about “are you ok” and the timing of the news release sure makes me wonder.
My thoughts exactly. I've been through it several times. It's a terrible feeling to go through a miscarriage and the aftermath. Yet, maybe it's the way she writes, it sounds like she'd try to capitalize on her pain. If someone wants to read a good piece on miscarriage, I'd recommend Melissa Rauch's essay in Glamour.

bellecate

Sep 13, 2012
Sidney, British Columbia
I think it’s strange that people hate MM. what exactly has she done to make you people hate her so much? It doesn’t make sense. Meg is self made and from a young age, she’s been speaking out about social issues and was heavily involved with the UN.

if you had the opportunity to marry a member of the royal family I’m sure you would so why all the hate? Besides, I don’t know them personally but it looks like they are very much in love. Harry is a handsome man, why is it impossible to believe she genuinely loves him?

On the other hand, Kate is praised even though you could argue her getting with William (who has cheated on her multiple times) was out of raising her social status too.

Honestly if MM looked like Kate, I’m sure the GP would love her....
I have never seen one post here where someone has said they hate MM. What I have read about are the lies she tells, the sense of entitlement she shows, her narcissistic personality. Spending the taxpayers money on a wedding when they knew they wouldn't be staying in England, her continual 'pity me' parties. She has shown me she is a fake, wanna be feminist, pulling out that card only when it gets her something. The same for her being a WOC. Used her father's heritage when it suited her and her mother's when she felt it would up her image.
So hate, no. Disgust for her using people and causes for her own benefit, you betcha.

naomiDelour

Nov 27, 2020
I have never seen one post here where someone has said they hate MM. What I have read about are the lies she tells, the sense of entitlement she shows, her narcissistic personality. Spending the taxpayers money on a wedding when they knew they wouldn't be staying in England, her continual 'pity me' parties. She has shown me she is a fake, wanna be feminist, pulling out that card only when it gets her something. The same for her being a WOC. Used her father's heritage when it suited her and her mother's when she felt it would up her image.
So hate, no. Disgust for her using people and causes for her own benefit, you betcha.
Now this is the kind of answer I was looking for. You laid out your points. Do I disagree with some? Yes. For example from our understanding she fled the UK due to the media harassing her. If you’re a Brit then you know the press in the UK are down right terrible. When William cheated, it was swept under the rug. When Prince ped0 was confirmed as a ped0, that was quickly swept under the carpet and all of a sudden, a rush of negative press was released about MM. I think holding a ped0 accountable should be more of a priority than a “narcissist” b-list celeb. But hey, just just my logic.
Honestly nobody here knows her personally so to judge somebody you don’t know is not great. How many times have we met somebody, disliked them and in the end they turned into a friend or even best friend.
Anyway, thanks for sharing and being mature with your response. You didn’t rush to call me a troll or throw other outrageous comments at me, I appreciate that. You have a good evening! ☺

rose60610

Mar 8, 2011
Chicago
Meghan started out great. I think everybody was rooting for her, including me. I was glued to the TV watching her wedding and loved it. Harry didn't look scruffy that day. She started to spiral into self pity and tried framing herself as a young naive girl who had no idea whatsoever what she was getting into. Even though she was well into 30's, had been married before, and lived with Harry prior to the wedding and relished being a royal in the spotlight. The press turned on her a little, then she doubled down on the self pity. In Africa of all places. It was like watching somebody who won the world's biggest lottery and then complaining about all the luxuries of wealth. Fast forward to the cemetery disaster using dead soldiers as props. This was the sort of event they begged out of doing for the royal family. They made sure they were followed by a camera crew, Harry hauled out his military medals. One can pay respects quietly without turning it into a global "Looky-us-we're-so-pretty!". Massive PR fail. These people sue everyone they can for privacy invasion. Yet they hurl themselves into the spotlight any chance they get, including dragging a camera crew into a cemetery. They got the mega Netflix deal, yet seem desperate to stay relevant. I predict that sooner or later, Saturday Night Live is going to start doing skits on them.

Lots of celebrities get bad press. I don't see anybody defending the Kardashians. People slam Angelina Jolie all the time and I actually kinda like her. There's lot of miserable people in this forum. Go to the relationships threads--oy vey! My favorites are the 18 to 20 year olds who just can't decide which shade of blue Chanel bag to get, and it's a huge monumental dilemma for them. Such sorrow.

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
1000% yes
THIS!!!

Every time I see the gracious Duchess of Cambridge eloquently speaking about an issue like the Study she undertook regarding the critical first 5 years of children's lives, a Study by the way that garnered half a million responses providing information for the work the Royal Foundation will be doing as an outcome, I say a silent thank you William is the Heir and DimWit is the distant Spare. Thus saving the world from the possibility of a vacuous queen MeMeMe, narcissistic in the extreme with her nauseous prattling that generates nothing but noise.

DeMonica

Sep 9, 2018
I am a total cynic, but does anyone believe that she felt a sharp pain and dropped to the floor with the baby in her arms and sang a lullaby to soothe each of them while she lay there? smdh
I must admit that I have a problem with visualizing that scene. I mean if you have your toddler in your hand, you wouldn't just collapse from a sharp cramp, even if it's very strong, because you can hurt your child. Singing a lullaby on the floor would be the last thing on your mind - on my mind at least. I'd rather call for help immediately and try to get to a hospital as soon as possible. Every miscarriage is different, I had to learn it the hard way, but the scene she painted in that essay just doesn't feel realistic.

Mar 26, 2009
Imo, MM never really made it big as an actress. So she's living through the drama she tries to create IRL. Only the script can only pass as bad soap opera as the writer has no real talent, just as bad as her acting! It's really quite delusional to say the least.

As for Harry, all I can say is his exes definitely had lucky escapes!

scarlet555

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
[
But ladies, fraud or not, if bloody Prince Harry proposed to you, are you telling me that you would say no? Be honest with yourselves. There is nothing wrong with a woman elevating her financial and social status. It has been this way from the dawn of time.
As strange as it may seem, not everyone wants to live in the media/ and scrutiny of the world, and that is exactly what would come with marrying ‘Prince Harry’ of all princes. He is well known for his antics and his whole family is followed by the media-almost brutally. This is a life that ‘I’ particularly would not want. Love is love, and even if love lasts forever, it doesn’t make anything last-that’s an old saying I believe. It’s not like there is a line of princes asking me for marriage anyway, but it’s not a story book, and the reality is, its title comes with duty/job That I personally find not to my taste. I’d rather marry a man that treats me like a queen, than marry an actual prince who spends his youth experimenting with Nazi costumes, and Vegas antics and acting like a spoiled brat.

1LV

Jan 10, 2016
[

As strange as it may seem, not everyone wants to live in the media/ and scrutiny of the world, and that is exactly what would come with marrying ‘Prince Harry’ of all princes. He is well known for his antics and his whole family is followed by the media-almost brutally. This is a life that ‘I’ particularly would not want. Love is love, and even if love lasts forever, it doesn’t make anything last-that’s an old saying I believe. It’s not like there is a line of princes asking me for marriage anyway, but it’s not a story book, and the reality is, its title comes with duty/job That I personally find not to my taste. I’d rather marry a man that treats me like a queen, than marry an actual prince who spends his youth experimenting with Nazi costumes, and Vegas antics and acting like a spoiled brat.
Everybody can’t be bought, right?

CarryOn2020

Mar 28, 2020
[As strange as it may seem, not everyone wants to live in the media/ and scrutiny of the world, and that is exactly what would come with marrying ‘Prince Harry’ of all princes. He is well known for his antics and his whole family is followed by the media-almost brutally. This is a life that ‘I’ particularly would not want. Love is love, and even if love lasts forever, it doesn’t make anything last-that’s an old saying I believe. It’s not like there is a line of princes asking me for marriage anyway, but it’s not a story book, and the reality is, its title comes with duty/job That I personally find not to my taste. I’d rather marry a man that treats me (and all women) like a queen, than marry an actual prince who spends his youth experimenting with Nazi costumes, and Vegas antics and acting like a spoiled brat.
THIS is the message mothers need to teach their daughters.
All of it, especially the bold. Some females think marrying a prince is the ‘be all and end all’. Where did they receive this message? The guy yells at the Palace staff! He uses profanity to a 90 yr old woman! Look at his behaviors. He is not a great catch. I would expect a divorced woman pushing 40 to know this. So, no, she cannot expect any sympathy for her life. Diana made herself into a joke with her pity party. No one respects that.

Are you ok? FFS, it’s a pandemic. No one is ok.

@1LV @scarlet555 :heart: Well Said , thank you.

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Wow, Meghan actually did appear on a soap opera. Here, in less than three minutes, you can watch the entirety of her brief scenes playing a nurse on General Hospital back in 2001. Not so coincidentally her father was working as a lighting designer for the show at the time. Don’t blink or you might miss her in the background and at the end when she gets to say her one line.

rose60610

Mar 8, 2011
Chicago
Wow, Meghan actually did appear on a soap opera. Here, in less than three minutes, you can watch the entirety of her brief scenes playing a nurse on General Hospital back in 2001. Not so coincidentally her father was working as a lighting designer for the show at the time. Don’t blink or you might miss her in the background and at the end when she gets to say her one line.

Oh for Heaven's sake, there was 2 minutes 46 seconds of this torture. So I fast forwarded to M's part. I'll cut her slack on this, she was very young, the script was painful on a good day, but I was sooo looking forward to her saying "No one asks me if I'm OK". Now THAT would have made my day. Her role was to play the nervous overburdened staffer and recite the horribly written script for her. And she did it with all the pathetic desperation I fully anticipated. She lived up to my expectations. I marvel at how she spun a 180 out of that, the Nervous Nelly dolt turned Calculating Demanding Duchess. How amusing that she patterns her real life and word salad utterances after General Hospital. Can someone please break the news to her that General Hospital was a work of fiction? It was not based on, not even loosely, any real life story.