OMG I wax the skin off my upper lip...how do I prevent scarring?

A1aGypsy

Miserable AF
Aug 2, 2017
this literally just happened to me.... and 2 days before my birthday. i am currently laying in bed bawling my eyes out. i don’t know what to do.
Oh honey. Can you go see a doctor? Or a pharmacist for help? It will heal.

Pzazz1234

Nov 16, 2019
Ugh! I was using Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair tone and the one for dark circles with retinol for 2 weeks. Not even thinking I waxed my lip and the next day got my brows done. This was also right before my bday. 2 Nd degree awful burns HBD to me. My eye and lip got infections and my eye was so swollen I couldn’t even open it. I’m now on prednisone and two oral anti b’s. I just don’t understand how the product does not put this on the box?!! Clearly this happens with retinol a lot yet people keep doing this because there are no warnings. Everything I read says stop retinol 7 days before waxing but now I’m terrified. Has anyone got burned really bad and went back to waxing? Ugh. I hope I don’t have scars and hyperpigmentation. Sucks.

Kim973

Jun 8, 2020
I've been using a teeny, tiny amount of retin a mixed in with my moisturizer for about a month now. I noticed my skin has been a little more sensitive but didn't think twice about using wax strips...holy cow I pulled a layer of skin off on both sides! I thought it was just red and irritated immediately after, but no, it's fresh skin!

Anyone experience this or know how I should go about treating it? I slept with a huge layer of triple antibiotic ointment last night but I had to cover it with concealer and powder for work today! I know it's counterproductive but I'm so embarassed...you can literally see the outline of the wax strips lol...any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank God I got my eyebrows threaded over the weekend - I guess from now on I'll do that for my lip, too!
I’m so upset too the same thing just happened to me about 2 days ago! It’s looks so bad the scab peeled off today is my day 3 it’s looks terrible. Do you have any over the counter suggestion creams for anti scarring ?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
You shouldn't ever allow a scab to form. My dream recommends aquaphor on things that may scab, use it daily to keep it moist, it'll slowly shrink.