'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

My brand new Antigonas!! Two in one week!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!!
    I'm so excited, this is my first ever post on Louis Vuitton Bag!!
    Been following off and on for several years then had a break when I paused my luxury bag spending- but I have two incredible Antigonas and a total of 3 bag purchases I want to share!!!

Givenchy had 50% off for their annual sale. I'd seen the Black Triangle Patch initially, couldn't decide and it sold out- was so disappointed.

Then I went to another Givenchy store interstate- and they had not only the patch bag in black, but in GREY as well!!

I couldn't decide!!!

Which one would you have picked?

So I picked the Black initially; it's my first ever Givenchy bag purchase, and the SA very wisely reminded me that the Black never goes on sale. I love love LOVE the rock chick tough feminine aesthetic this design brings. Initially I wasn't a huge fan of the patchwork. But once I'd left the store, I couldn't stop thinking about it!!

The Grey also gives that tough luxe aesthetic- but I was nervous- would Grey be timeless for my taste? Could I wear it to work, like I also intend to with the Black?

I love the Black, but the Grey gives a slightly different character. The patches stand out more IMO. And I had this incredible warm flutter of JOY whenever I looked at the Grey.

I kept returning to the store to gawk at the Grey even after purchasing the Black. I felt so guilty! I work hard, have a lot of expenses lately but it was also my birthday coming up; Givenchy rarely do sales; I am not one to buy a bag a year (let alone 3); and some significant career milestones were achieved. When I got a huge promotion three years ago, I couldn't find a lovely black or neutral boss lady bag that I liked, and so I was carrying a battered Alexander Wang canvas tote to work- it's a great bag too but felt out of place.

I haven't owned any fully zip-top bags in like, 5 years- I have gotten accustomed to having my belongings in plain view and reach, but have LOVED having a full ziptop again since purchasing the Antigona.

And gosh, 50% off!! I wouldn't have felt so good if I'd purchased my Antigonas full price.

So I ended up revisiting and BOUGHT THE GREY TOO- and was SOOOOO HAPPY!!!

They complement each other so well!!

Oh, and there was a 50% off sale on the large Mansur Gavriel Black and Ballerina VTL bucket- it seemed crazy, I am not one to buy TWO luxe bags in one day let alone 3 in 1 week- but the bucket bag is so beautiful and useful, too.

So I got that too!!

Now I feel so satisfied!!!! No more bags for the year :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    I feel so motivated to continue working and saving (and building my other savings in non-bag areas) too!! The joy these bags bring is so worth it to me!

Megs, if you ever read this- your MG Bucket Bag and Antigona Purseonals were so helpful when I considered these purchases- thank you and Vlad for creating such a wonderful space for us to peruse and share!

I did wonder- was I crazy to want to purchase two of the same distinctive pattern and style of bag? I read some of the previous threads on this topic, but given the patch is so distinctive on this one, was doubting myself- I'm so glad i stopped caring what others may think, it's my money and my purchase, and I love how I can wear them for different looks and moods! And half price, wow!

Attached Files:

2. Another pic of my bag family!

The Antigonas are 100% calf, btw! Still so overjoyed :biggrin:

Attached Files:

3. Congratulations on your beautiful new bags! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Enjoy!

bagsamplified likes this.
  4. Thank you so much!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JenJBS likes this.
  5. Awesome first post @bagsamplified. Welcome and we're glad to have you join our little G fam.

Glad you figured out what makes you happy and that when u work hard, u need to reward yourself sometimes. Beautiful bags that are just a bit more special, and at an amazing deal for such neutrals. Adorable MG bag too.

JenJBS likes this.
  6. Thank you!! Yes it's great to remember this :smile: we deserve to recognise our hard work! I will treasure these bags for years to come! Have a wonderful day :biggrin::biggrin:

7. What a great first post and Welcome! The bags you chose are beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!

bagsamplified likes this.
  8. Thank you so much!! Been wearing nearly everyday now (not at the same time LOL) and loving them!!