Louis Vuitton LockMe Backpack Owners!

karylicious

Oct 26, 2010
Thank you so much for your detailed reply igreenk3! This is so very helpful! Scratches were my big concern with the leather as it feels so soft and I’m happy to see you didn’t note that as a problem. Good to know about the twilly, I’ll look into that. And I agree with all the feedback given about essentials. I went today to try both sizes on and the mini fit everything I needed with a bit of room. I think the mini is so stylish and the perfect addition to a good outfit. The bigger size is an attractive bag too, but much more of a utility vibe. In the end I decided to get the bigger size because my kids are little and I’m guaranteed to have their things invade my bag. Let’s be real, I’m not going to be cool again for at least another 10 years lol! I really love all the ways you can wear the mini. It’s such a well-designed bag. Maybe I’ll pick one up in a fun color...
Pics please!
What color did you choose?

Msdanger

Jan 16, 2016
LLarge
16BB62AA-9C14-4571-ACD4-22C50DCA01E6.jpeg 85D78276-FFFF-4305-A868-B7C769DB2A27.jpeg A49E5F85-2519-4932-A113-E09272681480.jpeg

Mini: CE8B01F4-822B-41D6-BA02-79232EC692BC.jpeg 94E05CF3-4597-4557-8CB7-65CD2FDB982A.jpeg 34A729D1-A631-454A-8106-B9D5FACA2F9B.jpeg 0D48E241-B6C6-4767-884F-E26214D91C19.jpeg 5BA7DCBD-E5FD-4851-B1A3-F2DC8E9FB9BA.jpeg

Large: 87844CD6-31D5-4C23-9586-74B707F1EE79.jpeg 60A9E993-848A-45CF-936A-F83DCED24CE8.jpeg F5FF94A7-A497-40AA-B048-A260D10E40FB.jpeg 1C613320-631D-4B3B-B061-66C9BFCCDA16.jpeg I went with the noir with silver hardware. I usually prefer gold hardware, but actually think the silver really suits the bag. Makes it more sophisticated and modern. Backpacks tend to be casual but the clean lines and simple logo make this something you could wear out as part of an outfit and not give off the “i just got off work” impression. Attached some pictures from the store and some at home. It’s weird because both bags look bigger in pictures than when you see them in person. The mini looks like a good size but it can’t hold much. The bigger size looks huge but is comparable to the Palm Springs PM. I highly recommend seeing them in store because the pics are so deceiving. Objects are much smaller in real life!

In the mini I fit my LV victorine wallet, mini pouchette, key cles, iPhone 8 Plus, a lipgloss, my work pass, and mini mirror. There was a bit of room left, could probably put a pack of tissues or a small coin purse. The same items filled up about half the bigger bag, but the bottom is wider than the top, which i think is a good full. If I put in my sunglasses (with hard case) and a small Evian bottle of water it would probably be the fullest i would want it. I am sure you could put a lot more in both bags if you want to pack it like Tetris, but I find then the bag gets heavy and it’s hard to get stuff out.

The biggest sell factor for the mini for me was the different ways you can wear it. On me, i found the backpack style looked too small on my frame (I’m only 5’5 and average build). I loved the crossbody look but one strap is too short and two straps combined sat awkwardly mid-thigh on me. I would have had to buy a separate crossbody strap. Handheld was cute but the top handle height is small so It’s a bit snug if you try to wear it on the crook of your arm (and i have really small forearms!). IMO mini looks best crossbody, holding top handle, or one strap over the shoulder. But for a mom of two boys under 5, that Instagram lifestyle is the opposite of mine lol. The large bag looks great on my back and the top handle height is higher, so it fits comfortably in the crook of my arm. It was ultimately how it looked on me that made me decide.

I looked at ALL the designer backpacks available and the lockme is the nicest IMO. My second choice was the Chanel filagree backpack but the caviar is so dull the bag looks plasticky and caviar is so stiff. I am really surprised there is so little about the lockme backpack on social media. It’s such a beautiful bag!

Msdanger

Jan 16, 2016
Oh one more thing! I found the mini to be more structured (square) looking because you can’t really tighten the drawstrings. The large you can pull it in so you get more of a Jube jube shape which looks more relaxed.

igreenk3

Feb 23, 2019
We all have different needs and lifestyle. the larger size is what work for you and more worth it for what you're paying. if you bought the smaller size, you wouldn't have worn it as much because it doesn't really match your lifestyle. And yeah i agree, there is so little post anout this bag online even though its such a great bag.

Also, I don't know if you have seen or heard of the coach parker backpack, but that thing is such an adorable cutie too and so much more affordable. So if you really like the versatility of wearing the backpack in different ways, you should definitely check it out in store. The mini version is a bit smaller than the lock me mini and you can definitely wear it when you don't have your kids with you. And the mechanism to change the bag to wear it different ways is so much smoother and faster vs. The lock me mini which takes a while to change from a backpack to a shoulder/crossbody

Reactions: MissIn

Msdanger

Jan 16, 2016
I have not heard about it! I’ll check it out, thanks!
We all have different needs and lifestyle. the larger size is what work for you and more worth it for what you're paying. if you bought the smaller size, you wouldn't have worn it as much because it doesn't really match your lifestyle. And yeah i agree, there is so little post anout this bag online even though its such a great bag.

Also, I don't know if you have seen or heard of the coach parker backpack, but that thing is such an adorable cutie too and so much more affordable. So if you really like the versatility of wearing the backpack in different ways, you should definitely check it out in store. The mini version is a bit smaller than the lock me mini and you can definitely wear it when you don't have your kids with you. And the mechanism to change the bag to wear it different ways is so much smoother and faster vs. The lock me mini which takes a while to change from a backpack to a shoulder/crossbody

Msdanger

Jan 16, 2016
Has anyone noticed white spots on their leather? The SA put coach moisturizer on my bag when I bought it (she said they use it on all their leather bags) and a day later I noticed some white marks. I reapplied the moisturizer and the spots went away but once it dried it came back again. The moisturizer was used all over the bag and it’s only on certain spots you can see the white, so don’t think it’s the moisturizer. Taking it back to LV to exchange to see if I just got a defective bag.

Attachments

Msdanger

Jan 16, 2016
I only see the silver hardware on the website? Is the golden hardware not available any more? TIA!!!
It was the previous model. I was told by my SA it’s discontinued and replaced with silver. I’ve seen some on the preloved market though.

starchild

O.G.
Sep 14, 2008
I bought a mini backpack lockme. Its so beautiful. Im having difficulty to convert the 2 straps to cross body style. Anyone who can help? Thanks! X

candypoo

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
Singapore
Has anyone noticed white spots on their leather? The SA put coach moisturizer on my bag when I bought it (she said they use it on all their leather bags) and a day later I noticed some white marks. I reapplied the moisturizer and the spots went away but once it dried it came back again. The moisturizer was used all over the bag and it’s only on certain spots you can see the white, so don’t think it’s the moisturizer. Taking it back to LV to exchange to see if I just got a defective bag.
I get these "white spots" when my hand moisturizer accidentally gets on the bag. I will just use a non scented alcohol free wet wipes to wipe it throughly. Then I will use dry tissue paper to absorb the moisture from the portion that I used the wet wipes on.

karylicious

Oct 26, 2010
Can anyone tell me if this backpack has been canceled? I cannot find it on the Canadian or Us site?