Laminated leather for Chanel?

seachloe

Jul 11, 2014
IMG-20180405-WA0001.gif IMG-20180406-WA0000.gif hi fellow chanel lovers, I found this stunning rect mini in gold calfskin with ghw. The leather is laminated in a sheet of clear plastic - can you see the surface of the bag? It feels like patent leather to the touch and is waterproof. I try to search for photos on the internet but couldn't find the name for such make and care instructions for the bag. Any input from fellow purseforummers?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Tykhe

Sep 3, 2011
I also have this bag in black. I treat it like patent leather ie keep it in a cool place. I try not to bang it against things in case the so black hardware is prone to chipping.

tolliv

Handbag Junkie
O.G.
May 13, 2009
In a Chanel Boutique
View attachment 4030095 View attachment 4030096 hi fellow chanel lovers, I found this stunning rect mini in gold calfskin with ghw. The leather is laminated in a sheet of clear plastic - can you see the surface of the bag? It feels like patent leather to the touch and is waterproof. I try to search for photos on the internet but couldn't find the name for such make and care instructions for the bag. Any input from fellow purseforummers?
I have an o Pouch in silver and love it. IMG_3821.gif

seachloe

Jul 11, 2014
Beautiful bag! I have the exact bag in black. On the Chanel website, they are calling it "Patent Metallic Crumpled Calfskin".

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...t-metallic.18S.A80758Y8347894305.cat.wal.html

I can't find any care instructions for this bag either but I've been wiping it down with a dry cloth if it gets wet. I don't use anything else on it.
Thanks for your info. Finally found a name for it. Haven't seen anything like that before. It looks like a clear sheet of plastic laminated on top - I am worrying of it cracking over time. So its patent.

canyongirl

O.G.
May 7, 2009
Thank you for this post! I purchased I WOC in a similar material in Paris last week and can't find my exact bag online either. The SA explained it to me as PVC over Calfskin, but I doesn't feel like plastic/pvc to me, so I was confused. I saw online that they were calling similar bags "patent crumpled calfskin" and that made more sense to me, but I'm still totally confused as to what exactly I bought and how to take care of it. It feels and looks like patent leather to me. Thankful for this thread to see I'm not the only one.

Attachments

tolliv

Handbag Junkie
O.G.
May 13, 2009
In a Chanel Boutique
Thank you for this post! I purchased I WOC in a similar material in Paris last week and can't find my exact bag online either. The SA explained it to me as PVC over Calfskin, but I doesn't feel like plastic/pvc to me, so I was confused. I saw online that they were calling similar bags "patent crumpled calfskin" and that made more sense to me, but I'm still totally confused as to what exactly I bought and how to take care of it. It feels and looks like patent leather to me. Thankful for this thread to see I'm not the only one.
I was told to treat it like patent leather. My piece is silver. Yikes!

Reactions: canyongirl

mizuki.t

Sep 22, 2013
I also have this bag in black. I treat it like patent leather ie keep it in a cool place. I try not to bang it against things in case the so black hardware is prone to chipping.
Can you post more picture of the bag? how it look on you? I am trying to decide whether or not to ask my hubby to get it during his business trip without having the chance to try it on. And i tried to search on the forum and instagram only picture of the bag no mod shot at all. Thanks a lot

Tykhe

Sep 3, 2011
Can you post more picture of the bag? how it look on you? I am trying to decide whether or not to ask my hubby to get it during his business trip without having the chance to try it on. And i tried to search on the forum and instagram only picture of the bag no mod shot at all. Thanks a lot
Sure! I have been carrying it nonstop. I love it so much!!!