'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

Laminated leather for Chanel?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. IMG-20180405-WA0001.gif IMG-20180406-WA0000.gif hi fellow chanel lovers, I found this stunning rect mini in gold calfskin with ghw. The leather is laminated in a sheet of clear plastic - can you see the surface of the bag? It feels like patent leather to the touch and is waterproof. I try to search for photos on the internet but couldn't find the name for such make and care instructions for the bag. Any input from fellow purseforummers?

2. milana3110 likes this.
  3. I also have this bag in black. I treat it like patent leather ie keep it in a cool place. I try not to bang it against things in case the so black hardware is prone to chipping.

4. I have an o Pouch in silver and love it. IMG_3821.gif

5. Thanks for your info. Finally found a name for it. Haven't seen anything like that before. It looks like a clear sheet of plastic laminated on top - I am worrying of it cracking over time. So its patent.

6. Beautiful. The gold bag comes with a silver version as well. So far Chanel has been producing caviar or lambskin, this patent metallic crumpled calfskin is a refreshing change. And its waterproof.

tolliv and canyongirl like this.
  7. Thank you for this post! I purchased I WOC in a similar material in Paris last week and can't find my exact bag online either. The SA explained it to me as PVC over Calfskin, but I doesn't feel like plastic/pvc to me, so I was confused. I saw online that they were calling similar bags "patent crumpled calfskin" and that made more sense to me, but I'm still totally confused as to what exactly I bought and how to take care of it. It feels and looks like patent leather to me. Thankful for this thread to see I'm not the only one.

Attached Files:

Tykhe, tolliv and Rachel like this.
  8. I love that it’s waterproof and yes, it is refreshing to see a different style.

canyongirl likes this.
  9. I was told to treat it like patent leather. My piece is silver. Yikes!

canyongirl likes this.
  10. I just boughT the same mini in gold colour. So pretty. I would just treat it like patent leather.

11. Can you post more picture of the bag? how it look on you? I am trying to decide whether or not to ask my hubby to get it during his business trip without having the chance to try it on. And i tried to search on the forum and instagram only picture of the bag no mod shot at all. Thanks a lot

12. I am trying to decide whether to get silver or black. Will you please provide mod shot with it. Thanks a lot!

tolliv likes this.
  13. Sure! I have been carrying it nonstop. I love it so much!!!

14. TIA!!! can't wait for your upload of those pictures :heart:

15. I just took a few shots. Hope this helps.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk