'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

How much should I pay for a used Gucci Soho Disco Bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been looking for this bag (used) forever. I was debating on whether I should just eat the cost of buying a new one - until I saw one posted on the marketplace today. Her listed price is 1325 which is high considering it's $1650 new after taxes. There was another one listed last month for 1100 which seemed fair. She's willing to negotiate. Ideally, I'd like to spend $1000. What's a fair offer? How much would you pay? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. I’m assuming this is not in US dollars, right?

TPCN News likes this.
  3. Sorry, it's Canadian. I should have specified.

4. Offer 20% less, so maybe $1050 or so, then see what she comes back with. If you have to pay any more than that, personally I’d just buy a new one.

Winter’sJoy and TPCN News like this.
  5. Actually for that kind of money, unless you're in dire straights right now (and in which case perhaps don't buy a bag) I'd just wait and buy a new one when this awful situation is over as the year's guarantee will only apply to the initial buyer. Not worth it IMO.

6. I would buy new and the reason is that this particular bag is highly counterfeited. I wouldn’t want to take the risk of buying a fake.

7. I wouldn't buy pre-loved unless there was a significant saving (and I'm talking 40%), or the style is no longer made, which means I can't buy it new.

I'd save the extra and buy from the store once it re-opens. Then, if you have any problems you are always covered by Gucci's customer care. Plus, you're then buying the piece of mind of an authentic bag, like @fabuleux said above.

SushiLover and Winter’sJoy like this.
  8. That is interesting. I guess I never thought of anyone trying to counterfeit this bag but I guess people try to replicate all bags if it’s popular. Now I’m curious as to what a counterfeit soho looks like.

9. I agree with those that said try to buy new if you can. I have nothing again buying pre-loved but I don’t do it out of fear of buying a fake. I like to have a peaceful mind about my bags. I also like to be the only owner but if you are sure it’s authentic do what @Diamondbirdie said. Make sure you get it authenticated too. What is their return policy?

Diamondbirdie likes this.
  10. Hi, I have the Soho disco and you won't regret getting this because it's so roomy and this design is a classic. But preloved ones in my country are going as low as S$600-$800 so $1k Canadian is still kinda steep. I'd suggest to go get one from the store unless you can get a better discount! Good luck

11. Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot. That's a big reason why I wanted to buy new, from a reputable luxury consignment store or at least from someone locally (ie. not on eBay.) On her listing, she's offering third party authentication confirmation and a copy of the receipt by email. Does that make it any better or should I still just stick with paying the 1670 for new?

reginaPhalange likes this.
  12. I think it’s worth buying directly from Gucci @ that price. I purchased both a black and a rose beige a few years back in the UK, prior to the major price increase that happened plus got a VAT refund. I’m also located in Canada and have been thinking about purchasing it in red too, even though the price is significantly more. It’s a great bag, I probably use my black one 50% of the time I’m using a crossbody and have even tossed it into a larger tote for any quick errands or post-work plans.

SK007 likes this.