'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

How can I dress up my yellowed Blanc Corail Brea MM?

Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello! I recently dug out this old Brea MM that was a hand-me-down from my mom. She had taken very good care of it while it was hers, and sadly, I did not. I had left the bag in a brown paper bag with the handles down against the white vernis.

Anyway, I'd like to use it again but it's pretty yellowed and where the handles had rested, had left some marks. I was enquiring into a few professional bag restorers asking if it was possible to dye the vernis a dark rose-nude shade, like a slightly darker Rose Velours, but all of them replied that it's impossible and that they can only dye it black, dark blue or dark burgundy.

Neither of the choices sound appealing, so I'd like to just let it be. But I would love to hear your suggestions about how I could accessorise or dress it up so it looks more appealing and less dated and old! When the handles are down the marks aren't obvious, at least.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-12 at 10.30.08 AM.jpeg

2. From your photo, it doesn’t look bad. It’s a very nice bag! I think some members of the forum have dyed bags themselves. Maybe check the restore/vintage thread in the clubhouse? Many helpful posts there by very experienced LV rehab experts!