Hermes in Toronto

xray

O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
Canada
Has anyone done a virtual appointment? What’s it like?
Yes, also have they changed payment terms ? Before, they could not take your CC by phone. I ended up buying a higher value item online because there was no way to pay for it without going to the store.

Reactions: peony girl

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
Yes, also have they changed payment terms ? Before, they could not take your CC by phone. I ended up buying a higher value item online because there was no way to pay for it without going to the store.
They have to have changed payment terms because now they are doing curbside pickup or delivery!

Bagaholic222

Jul 13, 2018
I had purchased something over the phone back in August and my SA processed my payment although you had to sign an additional form. I was also told last week that they will processing payment over the phone during the store closure.

elle woods

O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
Has anyone done a virtual appointment? What’s it like?
It is weird... But good. Just weird because you can't touch and see product with your own eyes. I had a list of things that I was going to buy next week, and when they went virtual it was actually easier for me to have the appointment sooner. My SA and I video chatted on WhatsApp, looked at various things that they had set aside but some they had to grab for me in other parts of the store. Sometimes the camera was on when they were walking around so I got a little dizzy lol. There is a lot more paperwork for them to do this which takes a lot of time, so they take fewer appointments everyday. My SA also mentioned they only do virtual appointments if you have an established relationship with the store as it does create risk charging credit cards, curbside pickup/shipping, etc. I ordered on Wednesday, had my items shipped to me and received them today. It wasn't bad overall but not quite the same experience for sure.

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
Oh wow. I feel it’s a lot difficult for virtual coz you want to try stuff like shoes for instance. It makes me think it’s more like an assisted online purchase. My SA actually told me to go last week considering I was there just a week prior, and I was glad we bumped up my appointment so I managed to do it prior to lockdown.

@elle woods Did you have to pay for shipping and seems you received the items quickly, was that expedited? Thanks

elle woods

O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
Oh wow. I feel it’s a lot difficult for virtual coz you want to try stuff like shoes for instance. It makes me think it’s more like an assisted online purchase. My SA actually told me to go last week considering I was there just a week prior, and I was glad we bumped up my appointment so I managed to do it prior to lockdown.

@elle woods Did you have to pay for shipping and seems you received the items quickly, was that expedited? Thanks
Mine was free to ship via FedEx ground but I'm not sure if that is because I'm in the GTA. I actually bought a pair of sandals (which I was supposed to see during my appointment next week anyway) and since I couldn't try them, I can just return and get store credit if they don't work out.

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
Mine was free to ship via FedEx ground but I'm not sure if that is because I'm in the GTA. I actually bought a pair of sandals (which I was supposed to see during my appointment next week anyway) and since I couldn't try them, I can just return and get store credit if they don't work out.
Thank you. Yes for me as well. I am normally a size 36.5/37 but had to get size 36 for aloha.If I didn't go to try, I originally asked my SA for 37.
Yes we can always do store credit if it doesn’t work out, but hope your sandals fit fine.

Thank you for sharing the experience with us so we know what to expect when we decide to do virtual appointment.

elle woods

O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
Thank you. Yes for me as well. I am normally a size 36.5/37 but had to get size 36 for aloha.If I didn't go to try, I originally asked my SA for 37.
Yes we can always do store credit if it doesn’t work out, but hope your sandals fit fine.

Thank you for sharing the experience with us so we know what to expect when we decide to do virtual appointment.
I got the Aloha sandals too! I am normally a 36 and got a 36... I see what you mean re room but in my case I think I am ok with it. What colour did you get? I got the Rose Baie which I had never heard of until I asked my SA about the black ones. They had both colours in my size but I ended up going with the Rose Baie.

Reactions: cloee

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
I got the Aloha sandals too! I am normally a 36 and got a 36... I see what you mean re room but in my case I think I am ok with it. What colour did you get? I got the Rose Baie which I had never heard of until I asked my SA about the black ones. They had both colours in my size but I ended up going with the Rose Baie.
Oh nice. the Rose Baie is gorgeous too and I was contemplating to get that actually. My SA set aside both but I eventually went with the black as I was looking for a neutral color. Did you see the blue color? I forgot to ask about it.
For the size I would have been good with a 36.5 but no half sizes unfortunately.

elle woods

O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
Oh nice. the Rose Baie is gorgeous too and I was contemplating to get that actually. My SA set aside both but I eventually went with the black as I was looking for a neutral color. Did you see the blue color? I forgot to ask about it.
For the size I would have been good with a 36.5 but no half sizes unfortunately.
I was only told about the black and rose baie. Didn't know there was a blue - I know earlier this year they had a turquoise kind of blue, is that the one you're referring to?

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
I was only told about the black and rose baie. Didn't know there was a blue - I know earlier this year they had a turquoise kind of blue, is that the one you're referring to?
Thanks. Yes that one. I still see it from time to time on the US website but totally forgot to check when I was in store. I googled but seeing different shades of blue so not sure how if it’s more blue or more turquoise. I shall ask my SA then. Thanks

ally2225

Nov 30, 2020
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if i have to get my second quota bag next year do i have to keep the 1:1 spending ratio? I received my first k28 a month ago and just curious to know how long i would i have to wait to get offered a next one.

Suncatcher

Feb 15, 2012
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if i have to get my second quota bag next year do i have to keep the 1:1 spending ratio? I received my first k28 a month ago and just curious to know how long i would i have to wait to get offered a next one.
This question gets asked a lot on this thread. The answer is always the same: it depends. It depends on your relationship with you SA, how you spend and what you spend on and what you are asking for. You probably won’t be offered one right away in early January unless you are a really good client of the store.

ally2225

Nov 30, 2020
This question gets asked a lot on this thread. The answer is always the same: it depends. It depends on your relationship with you SA, how you spend and what you spend on and what you are asking for. You probably won’t be offered one right away in early January unless you are a really good client of the store.
Thank you. When i got the bag, i also purchased some RTW and Silk for around 6k. Would that count towards my next bag?

Mena168

Mar 21, 2017
I wanted to get into Hermès for awhile, but I never have the courage to walk into the store as I heard a lot of terrible experiences. I’m just wondering if it is worth it to buy stuff in Toronto and build a relationship. I’m not just interested in K or B, but also jewelry and RTW (which helps for buying bags I guess) My boyfriend said he would prefer to fly me to Paris or Japan, but you know COVID happened, so can’t do it anytime soon. Also, I want to get some gifts for xmas (proby 1-3k), but I guess those purchases won’t roll to next year?