Hermes in Toronto

Smile143

Oct 3, 2020
My understanding is a second account does not automatically entitle you to a second quota bag and that if you are are allowed a second quota bag it’s rare and more likely the result of an “invitation” than something to request. It’s supposed to be one quota bag per household regardless of the number of accounts. My SA has my wishlist. If she wants to offer a second quota bag and SM approves she will. I haven’t asked her to do so. I think it could put her in an awkward situation by asking. @Suncatcher may know better than me.
Interesting what if we are both in different cities can we still have two different account in two different stores ? Hehehe sorry

Suncatcher

Feb 15, 2012
My understanding is a second account does not automatically entitle you to a second quota bag and that if you are are allowed a second quota bag it’s rare and more likely the result of an “invitation” than something to request. It’s supposed to be one quota bag per household regardless of the number of accounts. My SA has my wishlist. If she wants to offer a second quota bag and SM approves she will. I haven’t asked her to do so. I think it could put her in an awkward situation by asking. @Suncatcher may know better than me.
I have two accounts and was able to purchase 4 quota bags plus a Constance in one year. But I have a long long long relationship with the store. I can only say this: it really depends on your relationship to the store and your SA. My SA reached out to me recently to catch up on life, etc and I mentioned in passing how I was still thinking about a leather that is only available as a PO. Her response was why didn’t you tell me earlier. I will get that for you. I have not bought anything since covid. I don’t say this to brag but only to mention there are rules and these rules can be and are broken. These broken rules are really the exception. You really have to invest time in the relationship. I have relationships with many SAs at various stores on Bloor that go back 15+ Years. I think I just have a personality where I connect with people in a genuine way.

Smile143

Oct 3, 2020
I have two accounts and was able to purchase 4 quota bags plus a Constance in one year. But I have a long long long relationship with the store. I can only say this: it really depends on your relationship to the store and your SA. My SA reached out to me recently to catch up on life, etc and I mentioned in passing how I was still thinking about a leather that is only available as a PO. Her response was why didn’t you tell me earlier. I will get that for you. I have not bought anything since covid. I don’t say this to brag but only to mention there are rules and these rules can be and are broken. These broken rules are really the exception. You really have to invest time in the relationship. I have relationships with many SAs at various stores on Bloor that go back 15+ Years. I think I just have a personality where I connect with people in a genuine way.
Good to know I am happy for you and happy to hear that.
sorry for my question, do you have two accounts in the same store?

DB8

O.G.
May 28, 2007
I think a lot of members here are looking at Hermes too rigidly, too focused on how to game the H system. All SA's know what you're after and have no problem dangling that carrot. They know that once you get your 1 or 2 bags, they'll never see you again, hence the 'games.' As my boutique doesn't have much staff turnover, I know SA's prefer a client for life who is purchasing methodically and slowly vs. someone who spends a lot of cash in a few months but then disappears after they get what they want. Yes, there are regulars who can sustain a high spend annually in one store but SA's know that's far from everyone.

Like @Suncatcher says, you really have to invest time in the relationship and if you do, Hermes is no longer a game. I also have a 15+ year relationship with my boutique/SA, and you are right, there are rules and these rules can be and are broken. I've been offered quota bags unprompted and with barely a spend. But the SM/SA know that I'm shopping at H because I love the products, not because I'm after a bag.

skylover83

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
Hello ladies,
Anyone can share the price of Nilo matte birkin 25?
Also, can anyone recommend the best reseller I can sell my birkins and kellys in Toronto?

Last edited:

layd3k

O.G.
Jun 1, 2010
Toronto
Hi everyone, I am a long time fan of Hermes, I’ve been collecting scarves since I was 20. I’ve bought a few things in the Toronto boutique, but most on my travels. The only bag I would be interested in other than a quota bag is a Picotin, to be honest. I do want a B30 black Togo GHW. I’m almost willing to just go the reseller route. But after reading all the recent posts it seems like it is almost possible to actually buy one in Toronto. It seems like the “games” days are kind of over?

Does anyone have a SA they recommend? I truly am interested in building a relationship, I love and own shoes, belts, bracelets and scarves/shawls from Hermes.

Thank You!

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
Just popping in here to thank everyone for their advice on this thread (and encouraged me to ask my SA to be my H Santa)... just came back from the boutique with a beautiful sellier K28 in noir epsom and GHW! She is such a beautiful bag :biggrin:
Congratulations once again. Happy to be bag twins with you.
Just curious on the B30 specs you were looking for. When I went to the store on Monday, I saw someone being offered a B30 noir in RGHW.

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Canada
Congratulations once again. Happy to be bag twins with you.
Just curious on the B30 specs you were looking for. When I went to the store on Monday, I saw someone being offered a B30 noir in RGHW.
Yay for bag twins! Thank you :smile: I was reasonably flex on the B30 specs (my list was noir, etoupe, vert de gris, deep bleu, anemone, raisin, rouge grenat). Any hardware.

I would be curious to know, however, how quota bags are allocated at the boutique amongst the SAs. I would guess that it's like a "draw" - each SA gets a certain number of (randomly) allocated bags to distribute to their own clients (who need to each be approved by the SM). Would be interested to hear if anyone has insight on this.

Nov 14, 2012
Yay for bag twins! Thank you :smile: I was reasonably flex on the B30 specs (my list was noir, etoupe, vert de gris, deep bleu, anemone, raisin, rouge grenat). Any hardware.

I would be curious to know, however, how quota bags are allocated at the boutique amongst the SAs. I would guess that it's like a "draw" - each SA gets a certain number of (randomly) allocated bags to distribute to their own clients (who need to each be approved by the SM). Would be interested to hear if anyone has insight on this.
Interesting question - wondering if top performing SAs get more? Have no idea, just a thought.