'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

Experience with Gucci color transfer?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Would you consider Gucci tan leather a safe color to wear with dark denim without worry of transfer?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hi everyone. ’m currently considering a preloved Gucci top handle bag in a light to medium tan color. Bag is leather. Does anyone have any experience with color transfer for Gucci? Have read horror stories of some bags picking up dye from denim, so don’t want to purchase something only to be disappointed later. But I’m getting bored of having only dark colored bags and want to venture out into other neutrals. Thanks everyone for your valuable advice.

Attached Files:

2. I haven’t had issues but any light colored bag can get color transfer if worn on dark denim.

3. Thanks! Do you have this same bag? I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my question.

4. I don’t. I do have a lot of Gucci though in a variety of colors (leather and canvas). I have an old rose beige disco which is somewhat similar in color to what you posted. I have a lot of designer bags and just enjoy them. I don’t worry much about color transfer or what ifs.

papertiger likes this.
  5. Great outlook! Just use and enjoy. Thanks again.

snibor likes this.
  6. It’s a lovely color but I agree with snibor, every bag in light color can get color transfer. It’s not about the leather quality.

I’ve heard that some people use some sort of spray on their jeans that helps to prevent the dye from bleeding.

I use light colored bags all the time and don’t protect them but I am mindful where I put my bags. If I am wearing jeans I don’t wear my bag that low that it gets to rub them. But more than denim I am concerned about dyed leather and don’t wear dyed leather coats or gloves with my bags.

snibor and papertiger like this.
  8. Great advice! Thank you so much.