Classic Flap... Which Size to Get for a First Chanel?

Oct 17, 2020
I'm interested in finally pulling the trigger & getting a classic flap this holiday season. I want black lambskin w/ gold hardware. I'm 5'2, and am interested in wearing this mainly during the day, but also could transfer into nighttime wear.

I know I don't want the jumbo or mini, but I'm stuck between medium & large... thoughts?

Guuci4Me

O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
I’m 5’4” and I prefer the small over the medium/large. Holds everything I need and I prefer the shape. The medium/large is more rectangular. Can’t go wrong with either one though.

puppyt6

Oct 8, 2016
Ask yourself some questions for example: what will you mostly use the bag for? how's your lifestyle?
If you're a person carrying a few items whenever going out, maybe a small
If you're a person that have a lot to bring for xyz reasons, maybe a medium
I'm quite petite, so the small looks perfect on me and I don't carry that many items either (1 cardholder, car key, lip balm, Iphone, mini hand sanitizer, etc.) I can use the small bag day to night without any problem.
I don't like the medium just b/c it looks big on me -> not the look i'm looking for and not classy on me

resplendent

Sep 5, 2014
I'm also 5'2" and the Small (which fits about similar as a classic Mini) wouldn't fit my usual essentials. I'd be forced to play Tetris with my belongings and switch out my larger compact wallet --> a card case if I got a Small (or Mini), which I don't enjoy.

Yes, the M/L is a bit longer and not quite as cute as the Small, but I think in the softer leathers like Lambskin, the bag will slightly stretch vertically due to the chains supporting its weight. So over time, a M/L won't look so long and rectangular.

My friend is even more petite than I am and she rocks a M/L as well.

Try both Small and M/L in person, if you can :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Dec 6, 2009
California
I’m 5’3” and I bought the small because it fits my frame better and I don’t need to carry too much on a normal daily basis (absolute essentials for me include card case, 6-ring key holder, lipstick, mirror, floss and earplugs—which all fit into the small). I think your choice may depend on how much you need to fit into the bag; I suggest you might want to watch a few ”what’s in my bag” videos on YouTube to get an idea which size might work for you. Otherwise both small and m/l should transition fine from a day bag to an evening bag.

Reactions: resplendent
Jun 11, 2009
I’m 5’0 and have been mostly buying the medium size. I just added my first small to my collection. I find both look fine on me. I don’t feel the medium is too big or out of place with my body frame. Medium gives me a little more room to play with. Both can fit my essentials (card case, keys, phone, lip balm, and sunglasses in a cloth case). Honestly if you don’t carry much go for the small and save yourself some money to put towards something else. Good luck with your decision!

• Love

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Not my first Chanel flap (have Jumbos) but am also between the two sizes for another...would love advice on which one would fit sunglasses in soft case, reading glasses:annoyed:, compact wallet, car keys and phone? I also don't like playing tetris with my bags. :smile:

• Love

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I think this thread helps (but when I decided to dip back into Chanel bags this summer, I got a mini)

Reactions: Rockerchic

txstats

Jan 24, 2016
I'm 5"1' and went for the M/L. I think it's perfect for my frame, and I like having the option of being able to fit more into my purse if and whenever I have to.

NYCchihuahua

May 10, 2018
I'm interested in finally pulling the trigger & getting a classic flap this holiday season. I want black lambskin w/ gold hardware. I'm 5'2, and am interested in wearing this mainly during the day, but also could transfer into nighttime wear.

I know I don't want the jumbo or mini, but I'm stuck between medium & large... thoughts?
Small is great for me and I’m same height :smile: def try on small (5800$) and the medium (6200$)