Chanel Stores with low stock

MBUIOGVA

Today is a new day in my fashion history...
Oct 14, 2016
Dears,

are you currently experiencing Chanel stores with low stock....more than ever.... one of my SAs said it was because people are buying plenty post Covid.... have any of you experienced this, and have more information on this?

Reactions: BrownBuggy

MBUIOGVA

Oct 14, 2016
My SA said that at my local boutique they are currently holding 25% of the stock which has never happened before...

MBUIOGVA

Oct 14, 2016
I don’t get the business strategy they are opting with, or if it is an over demand of their stock, or a lower than expected supply.... maybe a mix of the three...

Last edited:
Reactions: am1ly
Aug 1, 2021
When to Chanel 3 times in the last six months. They literally had zero SLGs. Only old cell phone cases for the iphone X.

Even on the day of 21B collection release, they had hardly any classic flaps. Just tweeds.

Reactions: MBUIOGVA

charpham

Sep 11, 2020
I went to the new store in City Center, DC today because i was driving through that area and told the SA at the door that i was assigned to that I’m looking for a medium o case and she said “we don’t have any” then i asked if i could see card holders and she said “we don’t really have any. Well, just one.” She brings me over to see it and behind her is a black medium classic o case on display and I said “isn’t that a medium o case right there?” And she just says “yeah. $1200.” I left because she was clearly not interested in helping me. I think they maybe ARE low on inventory but also not being truthful about what they do have.

MBUIOGVA

Oct 14, 2016
I went to the new store in City Center, DC today because i was driving through that area and told the SA at the door that i was assigned to that I’m looking for a medium o case and she said “we don’t have any” then i asked if i could see card holders and she said “we don’t really have any. Well, just one.” She brings me over to see it and behind her is a black medium classic o case on display and I said “isn’t that a medium o case right there?” And she just says “yeah. $1200.” I left because she was clearly not interested in helping me. I think they maybe ARE low on inventory but also not being truthful about what they do have.
I am sorry to read about your experience....sounds like you had a lot of excitement to be at Chanel till you came across that particular SA, who could have checked in the system what the availability was for the item you were looking for.... Imho it’s prime to find a good SA with whom you connect....and this happens through building rapport with different sales people at Chanel. I remember when I first walked into my local boutique, the SA I met was nice and polite yet we didn’t really click.... it was some time after I met my current SA and her boss, and it’s been a dream ever since.... I agree, stock is low....I heard a rumor on YouTube about some bags from this season, 21k, had been found defective, therefore they were retired... however even before this season, I have noticed stock has been low.....

fiantoduri

May 24, 2020
I visited DC a few weeks ago and went to the new store. We must've had the same lady because I had asked about card holders and she pulled out two and said it was all they had. I thanked her and asked to walk around and browse and she said it was fine; I walked into another area and I saw two cardholders on display. Literally asked her, "Are these cardholders?" and she just said, "Yeah. Do you want me to take them out for you?" She definitely wasn't interested in showing stock to me and I left with a bad taste in my mouth.