Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

ariakite15

Jun 18, 2016
Hi, I am looking to buy my first Chanel RTW piece and would like some advice from the lovely experts here.
I found a pre-loved tweed jacket (pictured below) and was wondering how it would do as my first RTW.
Any comments on the jacket’s classicalness, versatility, durability, etc. would be appreciated!
2CBD7B4B-5BD9-4817-A908-1EBAC4BA2A5B.jpeg

smileygirl

No.5loves @ IG
O.G.
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, I am looking to buy my first Chanel RTW piece and would like some advice from the lovely experts here.
I found a pre-loved tweed jacket (pictured below) and was wondering how it would do as my first RTW.
Any comments on the jacket’s classicalness, versatility, durability, etc. would be appreciated!
View attachment 4852835
I think this is very nice and I love the colours!

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Canada
Have contacted my SA in Paris (Rue Cambon) and she says she can now locate, transfer and ship the LBJs and other RTW/ shoes out as long as a customer has an existing account in store with previous in person purchase history. I have never asked her for bags so that I wouldn’t comment on that.
Very interesting! Thanks for that info. Is this just within the EU or will she ship overseas as well (I'm in Canada)? I haven't been to Rue Cambon enough times to have a regular SA, but I definitely have an existing account/purchase history so this is good news.

@ariakite15 I like the tweed and shape. My first C jacket was a similar shape to this one and it is very easy to wear. The tweed looks like it might be a Lesage, based on the weave - Lesage pieces are stunning, but a little more high maintenance because of the looser/larger weave (be careful with rings/bracelets that could snag it). I do think the fringe makes it less 'classic', but it will be very cute paired casually with some light denim or slim white dress pants. The thing about C jackets is that they're kind of like Lays chips... you may find that you can't have just one ;) They also re-issue classic styles from time to time. There will always be an opportunity to get a more classic piece in the future.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
Jardin sur Le Toit
Very interesting! Thanks for that info. Is this just within the EU or will she ship overseas as well (I'm in Canada)? I haven't been to Rue Cambon enough times to have a regular SA, but I definitely have an existing account/purchase history so this is good news.
You need to email your SA to find out if she can ship to you in Canada. It is approved on a case by case basis by the SM. I suppose they will look into your relationship with the store and alas I was told by the SM that regular, in person visits help a lot. Good luck!

Reactions: KerriKatherine

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Canada
@periogirl28 thanks! Will have to see if I still have an SA's contact details around... I've been at least 5 times, but don't think I've actually bought RTW there. I find that location to be a bit stressful, tbh...it's a tourist hotspot. The new store down the street (19 Rue Cambon, I think) is stunning and has more RTW.

@smileygirl love the jacket on you! I am not usually a fan of snaps but they're growing on me. Alas, I definitely do not need another black jacket right now...

Dec 28, 2007
Jardin sur Le Toit
@periogirl28 thanks! Will have to see if I still have an SA's contact details around... I've been at least 5 times, but don't think I've actually bought RTW there. I find that location to be a bit stressful, tbh...it's a tourist hotspot. The new store down the street (19 Rue Cambon, I think) is stunning and has more RTW.

@smileygirl love the jacket on you! I am not usually a fan of snaps but they're growing on me. Alas, I definitely do not need another black jacket right now...
Yes agree. I have always shopped at Rue Cambon, only RTW and now it’s much quieter with the crowds going to the newer store. Anyway they will transfer, so there is quite a range of availability. Before this my SA has shipped to me RTW I purchased in person and had altered, but couldn’t collect on time. Due to Covid, I cannot visit in person this Autumn.

pigleto972001

Guh.
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
It depends on your workplace but I think you can dress it down and the fringes will be ok ! I think it’s a great piece! Def consider it for sure :smile:.

I like the outfit smiley ! The jacket is pretty. is it heavy or light ? :smile:

so dangerous to have stuff shipped from Paris. Thanks for the intel. I have only been once last year about a year ago :smile:

Dec 28, 2007
Jardin sur Le Toit
It depends on your workplace but I think you can dress it down and the fringes will be ok ! I think it’s a great piece! Def consider it for sure :smile:.

I like the outfit smiley ! The jacket is pretty. is it heavy or light ? :smile:

so dangerous to have stuff shipped from Paris. Thanks for the intel. I have only been once last year about a year ago :smile:
Isn’t it??? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reactions: pigleto972001

ariakite15

Jun 18, 2016

@ariakite15 I like the tweed and shape. My first C jacket was a similar shape to this one and it is very easy to wear. The tweed looks like it might be a Lesage, based on the weave - Lesage pieces are stunning, but a little more high maintenance because of the looser/larger weave (be careful with rings/bracelets that could snag it). I do think the fringe makes it less 'classic', but it will be very cute paired casually with some light denim or slim white dress pants. The thing about C jackets is that they're kind of like Lays chips... you may find that you can't have just one ;) They also re-issue classic styles from time to time. There will always be an opportunity to get a more classic piece in the future.
Haha I wholeheartedly agree with the chips analogy! Knowing that you had a similar shaped jacket as your first C is certainly reassuring. Also, you are correct in identifying the tweed as a Lesage. Do you perhaps know if this will cause the jacket to have a lot of pilling? I hope the jacket won’t be too prone to snags, as that would break my heart. I want to be able to wear the jacket out without having to worry too much about it getting damaged. On a different note, I can already see the outfits you described :loveeyes:.