Caramel confusion..help me decide pls!

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
Hi everyone, I currently have the 21p caramel coco and also the caramel mini rectangle - I am considering keeping only one as I feel those along with my beige Clair classic flap might be too many chanel bags in same colour palette. If you had to let go of one which one would you let go pls? I’ve attached a pic I found on Instagram as reference. Pls note the pic isn’t mine. Thanks guys!

52ADB05A-27F5-41F2-9B53-AAC637C0E954.jpeg

Reactions: pamelastanlee

nat74

O.G.
May 30, 2011
I love both and actually I love the CCH style very much! I’ve actually only seen the 21P caramel CCH and 21K caramel 19 small in real life. However, I think that the lambskin caramel color on the 19 is definitely richer than the caviar CCH. So I believe the caramel color on the mini rectangle is also richer as it’s lambskin. If it was me I’d let the CCH go and keep the mini rectangle as not only the color is richer on the mini but the value of the mini will also retain much higher as compared to the CCH. Just my 2 cents.

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
I love both and actually I love the CCH style very much! I’ve actually only seen the 21P caramel CCH and 21K caramel 19 small in real life. However, I think that the lambskin caramel color on the 19 is definitely richer than the caviar CCH. So I believe the caramel color on the mini rectangle is also richer as it’s lambskin. If it was me I’d let the CCH go and keep the mini rectangle as not only the color is richer on the mini but the value of the mini will also retain much higher as compared to the CCH. Just my 2 cents.
You are right - the colour of the mini caramel is richer compared to CCH caviar. Thank you for the input - both are gorgeous but yes I suppose on the long run the mini will retain value if I ever wanted to sell it hmm tough decision

desertchic

Apr 14, 2021
My vote would be to keep the mini and let go of the CCH. IMO, the mini is an overall easier bag to wear, style and use vs the coco…good luck making your decision!

Reactions: Rituals83

pamelastanlee

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Tough call.. I would try keep both but if it is not possible, have a think if you will ever want to resell the bag in the future. If you do, stick with the mini. If you do not want to resell at all, you can keep the CCH. If you do not want to sell resale value is not relevant, more important of how it makes you feel.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
+1 on the lamb skin. But, I am not a fan of beige Claire.

nat74

O.G.
May 30, 2011
I also vote for keeping the mini. I prefer lamb to caviar. That 21p mini was and still is a hot item. I also agree the mini is easier to wear than the CCH.
I indeed prefer caviar over lambskin. I’m a caviar girl... and only have 2 lambskin 19’s. However, if I have to choose between the 21P caramel caviar CCH and the lambskin mini I’d pick the mini any day! As you rightly said, the 21P caramel mini was and is still a very hot item. I’ve seen the small caramel CCH on the resale market for around high 5k BUT the mini rectangle for over 10k! Their retail prices were the same and forget about the future prices, even now the mini rectangle is selling at almost double the CCH price. So in any case, the caramel mini rectangle is like a treasure to us!

Reactions: atlsweetpea11

fairylady

May 19, 2013
I agree that if you ever needed to sale for whatever reason later then the mini would be a wise choice to keep. Either way both would retain its value, just that the mini is way richer in color and fetch for a higher price like Nat74 said but just keep what you like of course. Pretty much what everyone else said before me!

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
My vote would be to keep the mini and let go of the CCH. IMO, the mini is an overall easier bag to wear, style and use vs the coco…good luck making your decision!
Thank you so much for your thoughts on this.. hmm yes I think in terms of functionality for me the mini does work better. I like that it’s got no compartments and the strap drop is longer.

Reactions: desertchic

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
I agree that if you ever needed to sale for whatever reason later then the mini would be a wise choice to keep. Either way both would retain its value, just that the mini is way richer in color and fetch for a higher price like Nat74 said but just keep what you like of course. Pretty much what everyone else said before me!
Thank you for the input - very helpful!

lala_retro

May 3, 2021
from a purely aesthetic standpoint, would vote to keep the lambskin mini and let go of the caviar CCH, the caramel color just shows up a lot more nuanced on lambskin.

...but, CCH and mini rectangle are very different bags, so I don't think it would be redundant to have both in the same color in your collection, so ultimately I vote to keep both XD