'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

Building our Style/Color Database

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. the DB looks amazing!!

2. Thanks so much, lilac and RMCrushes!! This is an amazing resource -- I use it all of the time!!!

3. I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work. I just saw this today and couldn't believe all the MAMs I missed and have never seen that I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE. Very fun to look at keep up the good work, I wish this thread would get stickied so we can keep posting pics for you easily?

4. Lilac, thanks so much for this! :flowers:

5. [​IMG]

Is this pic the Resort Silver (from the lavender/silver blind date clutch) or another color? I thought it was nickel at first. But it doesn't match Anna's Nickel below.
    [​IMG]

6. And it isn't Rosegold either.
    [​IMG]

7. lilac - the studs make me think it is from the Resort line. As far as the color goes, I'm stumped. Could it be a one of a kind?

8. here are official pics of the nickel and silver.
    First pic is nickel outside sand suede inside
    [​IMG]
    Second pic is lavender outside silver inside. Silver seems to have a more even color throughout and more pinkish undertone.
    [​IMG]

Looking at these two pics, the mysterious MAM with studs seems to be closer to nickel, but then what is Anna's??

9. #174 Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
    Nickel mini nikki from the database. Now I'm thinking that this is the silver because it doesn't have the shading or variation in color like the nickel. But it could just be the lighting. I'm so confused. I think that there were silver and nickel bags made for SS. And we were calling both leathers nickel.
    [​IMG]

This is Mooch's pic of Mini Nikki Nickel. This definitely looks like Nickel.
    [​IMG]

10. OK, I'm thinking that the MAM with studs is Nickel, what do you think RMCrushes?
    But is Anna's really Nickel too??

11. I'm slowly convincing myself that it is Nickle. Anna's picture doesn't seem to have a flash on, so maybe we aren't able to see the iridescent tones.

12. This is another pic of Anna's bag. Taken by HannahBananab when she owned the bag. She bought it as Nickel from a SS. I guess there were just a lot of variations in the Nickel leather. Although in this light it looks more like the Silver than the Nickel. I also wonder why the first nickel MAM has the studded hardware. The Nickel leather was used during 07 Holiday not 07 Resort. IT could just be that the warehouse used whatever was available to create the bags for SS.
    [​IMG]

13. Is this your bag? Where did u get her from?

14. I got some pictures of my Cloud Grey MAM :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ivy, it is not mine, I saw it in one of the picture threads.