'cookie_domain': '.purseblog.com', }); -->

A journey to Alhambra . . . Over a year in the making (a reveal)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our Louis Vuitton Bag community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So here is how the story begins . . .

Over a year ago, I was fortunate enough to visit the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra 50th Anniversary Exhibit at South Coast Plaza in Southern California.

I left the exhibit with not only the desire to own one of these beautiful pieces, but also a small gift set that included cards showcasing beautiful scenes from the exhibit (the back of the cards are titled Luck, Icon, Timeless, Savoir-Faire, and Precious Variations with more information about Van Cleef & Arpels).

cards.gif

luvprada, DS2006, Mali_ and 1 other person like this.
  2. Next was the difficult part. What would I choose for my first piece? I dived deep into the Louis Vuitton Bag, Social Media, and the VCA website looking at pictures while trying to decide what stone color, metal color, and type of jewelry I wanted. I tried on many options, and thought I wanted the Vintage Alhambra Bracelet, 5 motif, yellow gold, with mother-of-pearl.

I love bracelets, I love yellow gold, and I have a watch with a mother-of-pearl dial. I was set . . . or was I?

bracelet.gif

More bags, luvprada and Mali_ like this.
  3. I thought maybe I would wait to see what the Holiday Pendant would be for this year, and maybe buy this limited edition piece for my first purchase.

I ultimately decided on . . .

Mali_ likes this.
  4. The Magic Alhambra pendant, white gold, with mother-of-pearl. It is beyond beautiful, and fits both my personal style and lifestyle.

necklace.gif

5. I am happy I took my time making this decision. It was well worth the wait, and I am glad I had the experience of visiting the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra 50th Anniversary Exhibit to really help me appreciate how special their pieces truly are.

Thank you for letting me share my story with you. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

sjunky13, jpezmom, DS2006 and 2 others like this.
  6. Enjoy and congrats on your first piece!

lcd_purse_girl likes this.
  7. Congratulations. :idea:
    Great classic choice and thanks for the collage of VCA cards.

8. Great choice and I love the MOP in white gold especially for summer! It's on my wishlist, too! Congrats on your first piece!

9. Congrats- Enjoy!

10. What a beautiful choice. The magic pendants are......magical!

11. Thank you so very much!

12. Thank you so much! I am glad you liked the VCA cards; I knew members on the forum would appreciate seeing them.

Mali_ likes this.
  13. Well said! Thanks so much.

14. You will love it! It does not seem as popular as the vintage or sweet sizes. At first I was worried it would be overwhelming on me, but it really is not.

DS2006 likes this.
  15. Congratulations on your beautiful Magic Alhambra Pendant, it’s beautiful in WG and white MOP!