A journey to Alhambra . . . Over a year in the making (a reveal)

Feb 23, 2011
So here is how the story begins . . .

Over a year ago, I was fortunate enough to visit the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra 50th Anniversary Exhibit at South Coast Plaza in Southern California.

I left the exhibit with not only the desire to own one of these beautiful pieces, but also a small gift set that included cards showcasing beautiful scenes from the exhibit (the back of the cards are titled Luck, Icon, Timeless, Savoir-Faire, and Precious Variations with more information about Van Cleef & Arpels).

cards.gif

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!
Feb 23, 2011
Next was the difficult part. What would I choose for my first piece? I dived deep into the Louis Vuitton Bag, Social Media, and the VCA website looking at pictures while trying to decide what stone color, metal color, and type of jewelry I wanted. I tried on many options, and thought I wanted the Vintage Alhambra Bracelet, 5 motif, yellow gold, with mother-of-pearl.

I love bracelets, I love yellow gold, and I have a watch with a mother-of-pearl dial. I was set . . . or was I?

bracelet.gif

Feb 23, 2011
I thought maybe I would wait to see what the Holiday Pendant would be for this year, and maybe buy this limited edition piece for my first purchase.

I ultimately decided on . . .

Reactions: Mali_
Feb 23, 2011
I am happy I took my time making this decision. It was well worth the wait, and I am glad I had the experience of visiting the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra 50th Anniversary Exhibit to really help me appreciate how special their pieces truly are.

Thank you for letting me share my story with you. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Mali_

Jun 12, 2016
I am happy I took my time making this decision. It was well worth the wait, and I am glad I had the experience of visiting the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra 50th Anniversary Exhibit to really help me appreciate how special their pieces truly are.

Thank you for letting me share my story with you. I hope you enjoyed reading it!
Congratulations. :idea:
Great classic choice and thanks for the collage of VCA cards.

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
Great choice and I love the MOP in white gold especially for summer! It's on my wishlist, too! Congrats on your first piece!

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl
Feb 23, 2011
Great choice and I love the MOP in white gold especially for summer! It's on my wishlist, too! Congrats on your first piece!
You will love it! It does not seem as popular as the vintage or sweet sizes. At first I was worried it would be overwhelming on me, but it really is not.

Reactions: DS2006